Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Walks

When I was younger I never liked going for walks. I was always forced into it by my parents, who then complained because I was a slow walker. But now that I only go on walks with my friends, it's a lot more fun.

In stead of going to the gym, I'm planning to go for a long walk. There's a nice 4,5 km walk through a forrest not too far from here. I'm currently trying to talk my friends into joining me. I don't really feel like walking alone. It's not that I'm afraid of the dark, I just don't like walking through it on my own...

I don't really like the gym. I can't stand running on a treadmill, and I never saw the point of biking inside, when you can bike outside (although that isn't currently possible due to icy roads).
I much prefer doing sports. There should be at least some fun in it. I wanted to join a volleyball team at the uni, but their trainings are on the exact same days, and times as swimming and climbing. I like both of those sports much better, so I had to choose. I might be joining a football team with the bar I work at. (There's this student bar, where I work for free. It's a lot of fun, even if I don't get paid.)

Well, I should get off my arse and go for that walk now.

Lauritz

No comments:

Post a Comment