Friday, November 12, 2010

Forgot to blog

Yesterday I was planning to read a lot. I ended up watching Jared Diamond's documentary. It is actually very relevant to one of my subjects (global history), but I could've been reading.
In fact I ended up watching a movie with my friends, and totally forgetting the fact that I was supposed to work. Well, I didn't really know I was supposed to work, so how could I forget? My boss is a bit bad with communication. He asks me: "Can you work on friday the 23rd?" And I'll be like: "Sure, remind  me of it later, otherwise I'll forget." Did I get a mail or a message? Well yes I did, 20 minutes before she shift started, when I was busy swimming. I don't bring my cellphone to the gym, so I didn't get the message. After I finished swimming a friend picked me up and we went to watch Hancock.

However, does he really expect me to just note things in my brain and automatically remember them? Anyone who knows me, will know that it is completely impossible for me to remember anything properly. Like blogging. I did think of it, but when I finally came home I spent two hours researching about longboards instead of taking a few minutes off to blog.
If I find something important, or exciting I'll remember, but working at the bar was neither. I don't get payed for it, so it takes a backseat to spending time with friends, or studying. I'm very good at blaming people, and this time I'm blaming him. He should've given us a schedule, like all the other bar-team leaders do.

But I didn't create a blog to complain, so I'll stop doing it now. Who wants to read about complaints anyway?

Lauritz

No comments:

Post a Comment